Virus Season

Testing available for

Flu | RSV | COVID-19 | Strep

Select a Location to Get Started

September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month

swabEvery three minutes, someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with blood cancer. And every 10 minutes it takes someone’s life. Any Lab Test Now wants to make these numbers smaller, and that’s why we partner with Delete Blood Cancer to improve the health and wellness of our community and to increase the number of donors in the national bone marrow registry. September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month, and this month, we encourage you to help us in deleting blood cancer — all it takes is five minutes and a simple swab to the cheek.

Any Lab Test Now collects donor specimens at selected locations across the U.S. on behalf of Delete Blood Cancer. Delete Blood Cancer is an organization dedicated to helping people become bone marrow donors, and now, so are we. With just a simple cheek swab at Any Lab Test Now, you can become a part of the bone marrow donor registry, and more importantly, a hero to more than one million Americans with blood cancer who may one day need your donation. By joining the registry, you are making the commitment to answer the call if a doctor finds that you and one of their blood cancer patients is a match — and as such needs you to donate your cells for a life-saving bone marrow transplant. By giving just a small amount of your time, you could be giving someone else a lifetime.

A bone marrow transplant is a procedure that replaces unhealthy bone marrow with healthy bone marrow. Currently, a bone marrow transplant is the only cure for patients with blood cancer, and the treatment has lead to improved survival rates. If you and a patient are a match, you could be that person’s only hope of survival. Let us celebrate life this Blood Cancer Awareness Month by giving those with blood cancer a chance at having one.

Visit our website to find a Delete Blood Cancer location at Any Lab Test Now, and make a difference in someone’s life today.

Why Becoming A Bone Marrow Donor Is So Important

September is National Blood Cancer Awareness Month, and this means it’s time to start thinking about what you can do to help the thousands of people every year who suffer from this disease. Every three minutes in the United States, someone is diagnosed with blood cancer — more than 175,000 new cases each year. More than 55,000 people will die from blood cancer in this year alone. A bone marrow transplant is many of these patients’ best hope for survival, but only about 30 percent of patients are able to find a matching donor within their families. The other 70 percent have to rely on donations from strangers, and sometimes there just aren’t enough to go around. Around 3,000 people die each year while waiting for a match. By donating bone marrow this month or becoming a part of the bone marrow registry, you could save someone’s life.

Blood cancer encompases all malignancies of the blood, bone marrow or lymph nodes that affect normal blood cell production or function. As the diseased blood cells multiply, they cause life-threatening damage to the immune and circulatory systems. There are many different types of blood cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Patients with any of these types of blood cancer require bone marrow transplants for the best chance of beating the disease.

Any Lab Test Now is proud to support Delete Blood Cancer in its mission to provide help to those suffering from blood cancer. We have partnered with Delete Blood Cancer to encourage our local communities to become a part of the bone marrow registry, and we encourage you to do the same. We also collect specimens on behalf of Delete Blood Cancer and hold Swab Parties periodically throughout the year to build awareness of the need for bone marrow donors.Did you know that it only takes a simple swab from the inside cheeks of your mouth to be entered into the registry?  Yes, it is that simple.  And, did you know that about 75% of bone marrow donations are through a process similar to collecting platelets? With just one donation and a few hours of you time, you could give someone suffering from blood cancer an entire lifetime.

Are you concerned about your own health? At Any Lab Test Now, we have several cancer screens that may help you get the answers you need. Talk to your doctor or our experts at Any Lab Test Now to find out which test is right for you.

What are the Differences between a Lipid Panel, VAP® Test and PLAC Test?

So you’ve been told you may need to have some cholesterol tests done.  Or, maybe you are getting ready to get in shape and eat right, and want to set a baseline to measure what’s going on inside. Getting tested is the first step to becoming a healthier, happier you. Any Lab Test Now is here to help you Take Control of your Health® with the Lipid Panel, VAP Test or PLAC Test – three different tests to measure your cardiovascular health. But which test is right for you? Read on to learn more about each of these tests.

Lipid Panel
A Lipid Panel is used to determine if you have abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels. These measurements can help your doctor determine if you are at risk for heart disease or other coronary illnesses. A Lipid Panel includes five tests: Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, HDL/LDL ratio and triglycerides. When evaluated together, these tests can help your doctor determine if you would benefit from a cholesterol maintenance medication. You are required to fast for at least eight hours prior to the tests. A Lipid Panel costs only $49 at Any Lab Test Now.

VAP Test
A VAP Test, or Vertical Auto Profile test, is used to provide an extremely accurate picture of an individual’s potential for heart disease and diabetes. Not only does this test include the basic cholesterol tests seen in the Lipid Panel, but it also gives a detailed report of individual lipoprotein subclasses and apolipoprotein subclasses. It identifies any cholesterol abnormalities that may be a precursor to heart disease or diabetes and can help your doctor provide the proper care to prevent future heart attacks. Best of all, you are not required to fast for this test so can come in anytime during the day. A VAP Test costs $79 at Any Lab Test Now.

PLAC Test
A PLAC Test measures the increase of an enzyme present when your arteries are inflamed. This test can help your doctor better assess your risk for heart attack and stroke, as well as determine any necessary medication or lifestyle changes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration uses this test to assess the risk of coronary heart disease and ischemic stroke, associated with atherosclerosis. The PLAC Test is usually an “add on” to other tests, and no additional blood work is necessary if done with another blood test or panel. You are not required to fast for this test. A PLAC Test costs $139 at Any Lab Test Now.

Ignoring it won’t make it better!  If you haven’t had your cholesterol checked lately, now is the time to do it – for you and your family.

Why You Should Know About Sickle Cell Disease

According to the White House, approximately 72,000 Americans are living with Sickle Cell Disease and 2 million Americans carry the genetic trait for the disease. As the most commonly inherited blood disorder in the United States, it’s time to raise awareness. There’s no better time than September to do so, as September is deemed Sickle Cell Disease Awareness month.

When diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease, red blood cells become curved, causing the cells to pass through blood vessels easily and carrying oxygen throughout the body. Curved blood cells can get stuck, block blood vessels and can prevent oxygen from getting through. Sickle Cell Disease can cause many long term and short term issues. To learn more about side effects, read here.

The most common side effect results in anemia. Getting tested and encouraging others to get tested for Sickle Cell Anemia is important, to stay ahead of such diseases. Normal results show no Hemoglobin S, the most common type of abnormal hemoglobin suggesting Sickle Cell Disease, in the blood. High results suggest a trait of Sickle Cell Disease or the actual disease.

To learn more about Sickle Cell Disease, visit http://www.sicklecelldisease.org/.

Find Out What Happens Every 4 Minutes In The US

The unfortunate reality that every 4 minutes, 1 person in the United States is diagnosed with a form of blood cancer, is heartbreaking. Those who are diagnosed, rely on the selfless donations of others. Our hope in participating in Blood Cancer Awareness Month is to encourage more people to register as bone marrow donors, which may result in an increase in finding a match for those in need.

Only 30% of people diagnosed can find a matching donor in their family. The remaining 70% of people lean on the kindness of people whom they have never met, who have chosen to make a difference and donate their blood.

There are many types and varieties of blood cancer including, but not limited to Leukemia, Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma. The reality is that these types of blood cancers are extremely harmful and can really take a toll on an entire family. To learn more, visit http://www.deletebloodcancer.org/en/about-blood-cancer.

This September, Blood Cancer Awareness Month, make the choice to become registered as a bone marrow donor. Registering is as simple as completing paperwork, and having the inside cheek of your mouth rubbed with a soft swab.  You never know the impact it may have on someone’s life.

Any Lab Test Now is proud to offer donation centers nationwide through our partnership with Delete Blood Cancer. To find an Any Lab Test Now donation center, visit www.anylabtestnow.com/locations/deletebloodcancer.